Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Can a dying friend be comforted?

I have a friend who learned that she has less than a year to live. I have wrestled with how I can help her during this time. All the silly ideas I had, I quickly discarded. After praying about it during family prayer the last couple weeks, I heard from God .
No, I didn't audibly hear a Loud , booming voice. Rather, I heard in my heart God tell me to pray for this friend to have peace, joy and confidence about where she's going next. She is a believer, so my prayer is that she feel peaceful as she prepares to meet her almighty Heavenly Father and join Jesus in heaven. Or, does it make more sense to plan a chick flick night with friends?  Um.. no to that. No need to plan a slumber party where we co paint each other's nails and braid hair and giggle until the morning. Instead we shall pray. Would you please join me in praying for "M's" sense of peace and confidence and that a little joy be thrown in for good measure?
Thank you. Oh, one more thing. Cancer is a big jerk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment