Friday, April 24, 2015

All The Single Ladies

WOWZA!Where to start on this one?  Friends,. today's post is a toughie(Yes i understand that's not a real word "Miss Spell Check").
So tough, that I sought my husband's approval to write about it.  You see, we are going to speak frankly about s-e-x.  Yes, you heard me.  This particular post is intended for the single ladies.  Maw Maw here thinks she has some wisdom,that should be put to good, practical use and not go to waste.

I notice the Church focuses the "wait for marriage" messages on the teens.  The singles don't hear anything for their own situations.  Perhaps that is why God prompted me to share my tale. (take one for the team)

Waiting for marriage was commanded by God for very real reasons. He didn't simply pull something out of a hat and say "yes this could be one of the 10." Now that I've been through it all I I have some understanding as to why we are intended to wait. Here is my story:  (woo hoo sharing  this is scary!)
I started dating bachelor number one when I was 24  my 19-year-old sister had just gotten engaged.(I try to blame her for my poor decision. One thing led to another with the aforementioned Bachelor, and I lost my virginity at the age of 24. Let's be frank I didn't lose anything I served it up on a  platter

Of course we eventually broke up. Then along came bachelor number two who epitomizes the phrase "hurt people hurt people". After having already been intimate once. it was easier to do it the second time. Eventually I ran far away from bachelor number two.
Finally I met the man who was to become my husband. As happened the last time when you have already been intimate to do it once or twice it becomes easier to say yes to intimacy. Tom and I got married when I was 34 years old. We missed out on that sweet season of waiting and eager anticipation. which would have been valuable for us to fall back on after I came home from the hospital after my stroke(at the age of 45).

Remember and hold tight the special reasons they tell you to wait back in  your days in youth group.  And have faith and trust that God knows what he is doing  His plan for you is always way better than your own plan .  Amen?


1 comment: