Friday, April 24, 2015

All The Single Ladies

  Friends,. today's post is a tough
So tough, that I sought approval from my husband to write about it.  You see, we are going to speak frankly about s-e-x.  Yes, you heard me.  This particular post is intended for the single ladies.  this old lady( think of me like a beloved aunt here thinks she has some wisdom,that should be put to good, practical use and not go to waste.

I notice the Church(all  all denominations included)focuses the "wait for marriage" messages on the teens, while young,single  adults don't hear anything.  Perhaps that is why God prompted me to share my tale. (take one for the team,if you will)

Waiting for marriage was commanded by God for very real reasons. He didn't simply pull something out of a hat and say "Yes, this should "or shalt" be one of the 10." Now that I've been through it all I I have some understanding as to why we are intended to wait. Here is my story:  (Dang boy, sharing  this is scary for me.)
I started dating bachelor number one when I was 24   One thing led to another, and I lost my virginity at the age of 24. Let's be frank I didn't "lose" anything I served it up on a  platter

Of course we eventually broke up. Then along came bachelor number two who epitomizes the thinking/belief that  "hurt people hurt people". After having already been intimate once. it was easier to do it the second time. Eventually I ran far away from bachelor number two.
Finally I met the man who was to become my husband. As happened the last time when you’ve already done it once or twice it becomes easier to do it again Tom"DA bomb"and I got married when I was 34 years old. We missed out on that sweet season of waiting and eager anticipation. .

Remember and hold tight to the special reasons they tell you to wait back in  your days in youth group.  And have faith and trust that God knows what he is doing  His plan for you is always way better than your own plan .  Amen?



1 comment: